Monday, July 20, 2015

Monday Made It - July 20

Last night I was at a church meeting and I went to put a date into my phone only to realize that I had only two full weeks left of summer.  Two weeks, ya'll!!  Where did the summer go?  It's gone!  These next two weeks will be so full of projects and lesson planning that I can almost say summer is over.  In one way, that makes me sad because I know how crazy life is once school starts but in another way, I'm a little excited about it because I get to see all my wonderful coworkers again.  Anyone else feel that way?  

Well I spent quite a bit of time in the last couple of weeks at the media center making things for my room and I figured it was a great day to share all of them with you!  SOOO....I'm joining up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for her......


There's always so much to do in order to get ready for school each year.  Last summer as a last minute move I went from fifth grade math to third grade math.  This was totally my choice as I love the "younger ones" and I was very excited to be able to fill an open position at my school.  However, the new classroom needed painting and the room itself needed LOTS of work so I spent most of the time doing those things instead of cutesy-ing up my classroom.  Is that even a word??  It is now! 

This year, I'm staying in the same room, same grade, same subject so I have had more time to play around with my theme and my ideas on how to set up my room.  Here's a few of the things I've been working on......


I love my new book return sign.  Yes it is large but I can't tell you how many times last year I heard, "Mrs. R, where I do put this book at for the library?"  If they can't see this ya'll, it's time to shut it down!  Seriously though, it's cute and fits the nautical theme of my room.  Of course my book return bucket is right under the arrow. 



This is my job wall....it's more than a job board as it takes up half the back wall but I like it.  Every student will have a job and the jobs will change each week.  I'm a little nervous about the commitment to the job board but I think it will work out fine.  One of my jobs should have been "changing jobs" but I am too picky about how the wall looks.

I have anchors that I plan to write each child's name on.  The hats will have a small velcro at the very bottom and the anchor will velcro to the hat.  Each Friday, hopefully, I'll move them all to the next job.  I'm just being real, ya'll.  You know it happens!  


The title banner was made by me but the sailor hats are adorable and can be purchased at Teachers Pay Teachers here.   They have editable text so that you can change them to whatever you want to put.  They were perfect for my job board/wall.


While at the media center, I decided to make some title banners for math projects that we do each year.  I display these out in the hall and usually staple up some letters as a title real quick when I put up the projects.  You know that you have been there too right?!?  Yep, thought so.  Instead this year, I can just pull out my banner and voila, I look semi-professional!



This one is for my ladybug bulletin board right at the beginning of the year when we learn our two multiplication facts.


Around late October/early November we make houses with our fact families and I display those in the hall.  It's not a seasonal thing but I really like the colors on this title banner!  Excuse the mess under it.  


This one is by far my least favorite.  I used too busy of a background for the letters and I will probably redo it but this is for our Christmas present arrays project in December.  




Last year I found myself saying, "Show it 4 ways" ALL.THE.TIME.  We show how to do multiplication 4 ways.  We show our numbers 4 ways.  It seems like everything is done 4 ways so I made this chart to work along with the students or to display student work on.  I'll keep you posted on if it works out!



 I had shared about my book bucket labels but had not been up to school yet when I shared them on a Monday made it.  

Here's what they looked like on the last blog post.....


....and here's what they look like now.....



I also have another set of shelves in the front of the class with books 3.8 and up but I figured you got the idea from these.  I would love to say that my buckets are all lined up during school and not the jumbled mess that they are here but I would be lying.  These are kid-friendly shelves and the buckets get lots of love so they usually look just like this all the time.  

Speaking of my library, I will be posting tomorrow about the library system I use for student check in and check out.   Stop by then to see how I keep all 250+ books organized and accounted for!  Until then, have a great evening!

2 comments:

  1. Love the versatility of the "Show it 4 ways" poster. Reminds me of a vocabulary organizer!

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think it could be used for that too!! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete