Monday, July 27, 2015

Monday Made It - July 27

Three weeks in a row to link up for Monday Made It is a miracle for me!! I enjoy linking up with 4th grade Frolics each week to share what I've been working on.  I feel that it helps to hold me accountable so I don't just laze around all summer doing nothing!


 It's been a great summer but this is my last full week off and I've still got so much to do!  Unlike last week when I had five "made its" this week I only have a couple.  



A few coworkers and I got together to play around with decorating cakes.  It wasn't any kind of official class although we all bought the Wilton Cake Course kits just to have all that we needed.  We had so much fun enjoying each other's company and decorating cup cakes and cakes.  


My cake was a bit crooked and I didn't do too well on the icing but my family sure loved it!  


This was my favorite cupcake and a total "happy accident".  



Lastly here is a picture of all the different cupcakes I made using the different tips.  They are the best but that's why I'm NOT a cake decorator.  Some of my coworkers though made amazing designs.  I, on the other hand, didn't stop visiting long enough to really concentrate!  


For my second made it this week, I've been working on a project for the better part of July.  You see, we teach multiplication facts at our school by covering a set a week through our lessons, our centers, and our homework.  At the end of the week, students are tested on that set of multiplication facts as well as the ones previously learned.  However, I've always had a hard time finding centers that focus on only one set of facts at a time so I decided to make some!  

The group of centers that I finished first are my Multiplication Memory Centers. 


This set comes with EIGHT centers.  Each center includes 4 pages of memory cards for a specific set of facts.  I have used a variety of different themes throughout the kit.  These themes will match with the BUMP cards that I am just now finishing up.  


I spent some time last week printing, cutting and laminating all eight centers (actually 16 because I printed it twice).  I can't wait to use this with my students in a few weeks!  

You can pick up the Multiplication Memory Centers Kit here!

Want to check out the quality of my work first?  I'm okay with that.  Click here for a sample from the kit!

I hope you have a great week!  

13 comments:

  1. Love the memory centers! I put it on my back to school wish list. Your cake and cupcakes look really yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I can't wait to use the centers in my class as well!

      Delete
  2. The cupcakes look so great! I have always wanted to learn how to decorate cakes. It seems like something I would never be able to do!! Thanks for sharing all your creations!
    Janie
    Are We There Yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a try. I am not really a crafty person at all so if I can do it, you can definitely do it!

      Delete
  3. The flowery cupcake is AWESOME! I wish I had enough patience to want to bake and cook, but sadly...it's just not my thing. Maybe one day......one day!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can do it, anyone can do it!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I have always wanted to take a cake decorating class! How fun is that to get together with friends and have your own! I think they turned out great! The memory centers look fun too!
    Marissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lots of fun to get together with coworkers and decorate but we probably would have learned more in a formal class. As it was, we did more laughing, joking and catching up than we did cake decorating! But isn't that the point of a get together!?!?! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I took that cake class two summers ago with a colleague and friend! It was a blast. We made so much cake that summer that we wound up having Wednesday night cake parties inviting friends over for a BYOM (bring your own milk). There was so much cake!

    Enjoy the course!
    Damien The Reading Buddies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE IT! Luckily my family loves loves LOVES cake so they finished it for snack time over the next couple of days. However, I don't even eat cake so I never tasted my creations. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Those cupcakes are adorable. It would make me almost not want to eat them...almost :)

    Best,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol....I'm lucky in that I don't like cake so it made it easy for me not to eat them! However, my family devoured them! I guess they were really good! =)

      Delete
  7. Love your cakes/ cupcakes. My mom took a 4 week (I think) Wilton class about 2 years ago and I keep thinking I need to borrow her supplies and see what I can do. Maybe she can teach me!

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete