Sunday, June 12, 2016

Rounding Numbers with QR codes

This past year, I learned quite a bit about QR codes and began to use them in my classroom.  My students LOVE to use them to check their work, play "I spy" games or complete scavenger hunts.  I love them because happy students are engaged students!!



In order to use a QR code, you need an app that will scan it.  In our classroom we use the app I-nigma but there are many available in the app store.  

For scavenger hunts, students are given a stack of cards with QR codes (or the codes could be placed around the classroom).  Students find the card with the word "START" on it and scan the code.  

After scanning the code, a math problem or question will appear on the student's ipad/phone/device.  Students solve the problem on their notebook paper and then find the card that has this answer.  

The great thing about these is that they are semi self-checking.  If a student can't find their answer then they know it's incorrect and will resolve the problem.  

If a student completes the scavenger hunt completely, they will use every card and receive a congratulatory message at the end of the hunt. 

I have added my first QR code scavenger hunt in my TPT store for free today.  Click on the cover below to go to my TPT store and download it!  



Do you use QR codes in your classroom?  Share in the comments!




No comments:

Post a Comment