Thursday, June 23, 2016

So....what's new?

So what's new?  New blog look, new tech toys to play with, new double-digit kid at my house and new product for my TPT store!!

I've been slowly working on updating and changing my blog for quite some time now but today I finally finished the majority of it and was brave enough to hit save!  I think it looks very patriotic and I love the nautical theme.  (If only decorating my classroom were this easy.....)  Anyways, I hope you enjoy the new look.

On Tuesday, we had a tech session where we were able to play with the toys.  There are SOOOO many things that I want for my classroom and our STEM club but these are a couple of my favorite ones! 




Osmo Coding is such a neat program!  Do you have an Osmo in your classroom?  I was blessed enough to get one this year for #bestschooldayever through DonorsChoose.  My students LOVE it and it's a station that always has someone in it.  



Since Osmo Coding is brand new, it wasn't included in my kit so this is a new wishlist item.  You use the pieces shown in the box above to tell the adorable bear how to get the strawberries.  Click on the word Osmo above to check out all of the games that come with the kit!

One of the other items on my wishlist is a Sphero!  These little guys are so cool!  I love how you have missions to complete while moving the sphero around the room.  I was surprised at how durable the Sphero was and that it actually asked me to run into things for my missions.  I had a hard time running into stuff as I didn't want to hurt my Sphero.


By the end of our class, I was actually getting pretty good at making the Sphero go where I wanted it to.  It really was a lot of fun and I know that students would really enjoy this as well.  If you want to check out more on the Sphero and even see the BB-8 version, you can go here.

Yesterday was a special day at our house!  My youngest, my sweet baby, turned 10.  Where oh where does time go?!?!?  He had already celebrated his birthday with family and friends at a party so yesterday was more of a quiet day at home.  We picked up his favorite lunch and baked his favorite chocolate cake.  


I did have one surprise up my sleeve though......trick candles!!  



He laughed so hard that he could not keep blowing them out.  Finally we had to pull them out and drop them in water.  He thought that was the funniest thing ever!  Score one for mom!!

Lastly, I finished up a new product today.  If you have been following along, you may have noticed that I'm on a QR code kick.  I'm hoping to have one QR code scavenger hunt for each week of the school year as a station in my room.  Today, I finished my subtraction review scavenger hunt and I have uploaded it into my store.  


I love these for a couple reasons.  First, I love them because students love them.  They just want to be able to hold/touch/play with the iPad.  This works out well because then they don't mind doing math, even my struggling students. 

Second, I love them because they are self-checking.  I can hear you thinking right now - "But you didn't put the answers in it..."  No I didn't but when students solve the subtraction problem, they will know if the answer is wrong if they can not find their answer.  This helps them to check their work and redo problems that do not equal the number on another card.  

If you would like to get the subtraction scavenger hunt, head on over to my store by clicking on the picture below.


OR you could leave a comment below and I'll pick a winner to receive it FREE!   I hope you have a great evening!



No comments:

Post a Comment