Friday, July 1, 2016

Five for Friday 07/01

So I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for my first ever Five For Friday!  


1.  I've worked our VBS (KidWeek) this week and whew, am I exhausted!!!  The kiddos in my group were amazing and we had a wonderful week but it's summer ya'll and I was kinda glad it was Friday!  lol....back to sleeping late and staying in pjs all day!



Since I don't have permission to share the kids' faces and all of the pics of my kids have other kids in them, I'll share this cute picture of our GIANT Candyland board game that we played one day to review our lesson.  They had made it with sheets of construction paper and large cardboard cutouts of the game pieces.  SO NEAT!

2.  My oldest son (14) and I have become addicted to BreakoutEDU games online!  We love to work the puzzles together and it gives us something to do to spend time together!  Some of them are so hard but we did beat the aliens a couple of nights ago and received this certificate!




3. This summer, I've been taking LOADS of tech classes to earn points for my classroom.  In our district, they allow us to earn points that we are able to trade in for technology to put into our classrooms!!  It's such a great idea!!  I hope to be 1:1 by the beginning of the school year!  Each student will have their own iPad and I can't wait to learn how to incorporate them into our classroom!

4.  I'm quite an animal lover and last week we found a litter of six wild kittens in our backyard.  Each evening when it cools off we go out back to feed them and try to tame them.  They are at the point where they will allow us to touch them until they realize that we are touching them.  Then they hiss and run.  lol.....we will keep working on it.  

Here's my favorite little guy and his ridiculously long ear hair!


5.  Another thing I've become obsessed with this summer is QR codes!  I love the idea of a QR code scavenger hunt as a station in my room during student choice time.  I would ideally like to have a different QR code scavenger hunt each week of the year that matches our lesson of the week.

So far, I have created three of these scavenger hunts.  


If you want to try out a QR code hunt for free, click on the rounding hunt above and you can try it out!

All of my other QR code hunts are only $1!  You can find them by clicking on the product cover.  







I hope you are having a great summer and that you have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!  

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Five for Friday! That's a great idea from your district about technology, and the kitty is too adorable with his ear hair!

    ReplyDelete