Monday, July 11, 2016

Monday Made It - July 11

Ya'll!!!  Summer is flying by!!  It's already the middle of July and I'm just now able to finally participate in Monday Made It!

Today I'm teaming up with 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It!


I love reading about other people's Monday Made It projects but I very seldom have stuff to share.   However, this week I made three things!!! 



Last year, around March, one of my sweet little ones was playing with my clipboard and seeing just how far she could bend my plastic clipboard.  You see where this is going right?  Yep she snapped that sucker right in half.   For the rest of the year we had a boring clipboard.  ** Insert sad face**  


Yesterday I used my Silhouette to create this beauty!!!  It's made of wood so that hopefully it will hold up better than the last one!  



In the town next to mine, there is a small local craft store.  Every month they offer crafting classes on different nights, kind of like Painting with a Twist but more of Crafting with a Twist.  This month's class was to make a crayon and chalkboard door hanger.  Well, of course, every teacher needs one of those! 

So I gathered up a coworker and off we went.  We enjoyed a dinner at Olive Garden and then headed off to our craft night.  


This isn't my finished project though as I am changing the ribbon to a red and burlap combo to match my room.  I also have an apple to add to the bottom.  I'll be sure to share the finished one when I'm done.  OH and it's NOT going anywhere near my door.  Remember my clipboard?!?  Can you imagine what they would do with colors?



Lastly, I needed a quick way to label my popsicle stick buckets.  Since I teach three classes, I have three different sets of sticks to use to call on students.  I did have the buckets color coded which worked great for me but I wanted to add a little something extra to them.  

So this afternoon I cut out the teacher initials for each class I teach and put them on the buckets.  I think they look great!  


Although this isn't really a "made it", I did go work in my classroom today!  I was able to get my desks set up and my computer plugged in.  I began to organize my supplies and books again.  By the time I left, I really felt good about it all.....much better than when I started.



Our students start one month from tomorrow!!!  Whew, one month of summer vacation left.  I have a lot left to do in that month!  Hope you are having a great summer!

10 comments:

  1. I love your clip board! Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have convinced me that I need to upgrade my Cricut to a Sillouette! I love our projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know nothing about a Cricut but I do love my Silhouette!!! It's amazing!!!

      Delete
  3. That clip board is awesome!! I have known for a while I either need to purchase a Cricut or a Silhouette and I am leaning toward the Silhouette!

    It really is a little liberating just getting the base of your room done...I get to start on my room this week...if I can work it into all the professional development they have us scheduled to attend!

    Dee
    Teaching at the Beach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love my Silhouette! It can do such neat things! Yes, ordering my room some really did make me feel better about the school year starting. I hope you get to start in your room this week as well!

      Delete
  4. I love your chalkboard/crayon hanger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, all your projects turned out so nice. I am gonna have to break down someday and get a Cricut! Sounds like my school year starts about the same time as yours. Have a great year. Thanks for linking up:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my SIlhouette!! I got it last Christmas and it has helped me out many times!! Of course there's always some new project to try!

      Delete